Welcome to my Den of Delights! Please make yourselves comfortable.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My Poetry: Melancholy Day


I think I spoke too soon when I said I did not have my poetic muse. LOL I felt very strange and uneasy, yesterday. Just having one of those melancholy days.


~*~Melancholy Day~*~

Melancholy day,
Can't find the words to say,
How strange I feel inside,
Sadness, a rushing tide;
Yet there are no tears,
No identifiable fears,
Just the pulsing of my heart,
The sense of falling apart;
This too shall pass,
It will not last,
Just another melancholy day...
Please dissipate without delay!
But what can I do to speed its way?
Without being torn within its fray?
I will try and give it a tug,
Maybe...I just need a hug.

~ By Jayne Michellane a.k.a. Lady Jayne, 15 February 2012

4 comments:

  1. Once again, I love this, Jayne! It describes perfectly how I feel sometimes. I guess we all feel it from time to time. Giving you a great big hug!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Nissie! *Great Big Hug back!* Yes, we all go through these days. But I'm feeling much better now! Yay!! ^_^ XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy you're feeling better! I had one of those days today. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww... *BIG, BIG HUG, Nissie!*

    I spoke too soon. I think it's back! LOL And I don't know why I'm laughing. *sobs*

    It's Friday night, too, so I should be feeling elated. I think I'm just really tired. Haven't been sleeping well, this week. And I think sleep deprivation just exacerbates these feelings, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete