Welcome to my Den of Delights! Please make yourselves comfortable.

Friday, June 3, 2011

My Poetry: Weary...

This poem came from my soul. Yesterday, I received yet another middle of the night phone call, bearing the sorrowful news of the passing of a loved one...my Uncle Andrew, who will be so dearly missed. My heart is deeply saddened and I feel so very weary.

Weary...

Weary,
Teary,
My eyes are bleary,
I cannot see,
What's in front of me.

I'm tired of tears,
Worn out by fears,
Will it leave me alone,
This sorrow from the phone?

My heart aches,
My hands, they shake,
I lie awake,
This pain, it just won't slake.

I cannot bear...anymore goodbyes,
My soul is weary,
From the tears it cries,
And the deafening echoes,
Of its sighs.

But reaching through,
To help me fight,
I see the light,
Of Hope...shining bright;
May my loved ones, also,
Feel the warmth of its light.

(Written by J.M.A. a.k.a. Lady Jayne, 3 June 2011)

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Jayne I'm so sorry about your uncle. I know how hard loss is and you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Such a lovely and heart-felt poem. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your post and your prayers, Nissie. Yes, I know you, too, have recently been touched by loss. *HUGS* I know I will have more ahead, I'm just so weary for anymore in the near future. Please, God, don't take them away just yet. :'( xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. The loss of a loved one is so very hard Jayne. This is a beautifully written heart felt poem. I wrap you in *Hugs* and I send to you a "snowdrop" with it's reminder of hope and renewal. Praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your thoughtful post, KatLynne. I gladly accept the hugs. *HUGS back* ^_^ Thank you also for the reminder of the "snowdrop" of hope and renewal. Your prayers are deeply appreciated. God bless you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete