Welcome to my Den of Delights! Please make yourselves comfortable.

Friday, May 6, 2011

Teaser Scenes - Wicked Becomes You by Meredith Duran

This scene is from the book I'm currently reading and is for those of you who get shivers, like me, when reading scenes that involve caresses or kisses along the throat and jaw...
“I suppose animal lust is not extraordinary.”

“Certainly not,” he said. As his head bent, his hair brushed her chin. With his lips pressed to her throat, he breathed deeply, as if the scent of her was enough to lure him, to turn his voice to a low, rough pitch as he said, “But animal lust is also very easily contained. This, on the other hand…” The tip of his tongue touched her. Her eyes closed of their own volition.

“I think we might call it resonance,” he murmured.

“Resonance.” She meant to sound scathing. But the word was too breathy, and it tipped up at the end like a question.

“Every object vibrates at a particular and specific frequency.” He dragged his mouth up to her jaw, and she felt, briefly, the edge of his teeth. Into her ear he said, “Place two of a kind side by side, and the first, if vibrating, will force the other to vibrate alongside.”
 ~ Wicked Becomes You by Meredith Duran.
Shiver-inducing images....


This one below actually reminds me of a scene from another Meredith Duran book - The Duke of Shadows. I LOVE that book! One of my favourites.

No comments:

Post a Comment